Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Being asocial.... venting
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Hi. I haven't posted on this website for a while but I just felt like coming back to this community and this is probably not the best website to talk about this but I feel this is a safe place where I can be anonymous.

Ok.so I'm finishing college and I've noticed that with time I've started to care less and less about having social interactions... sometimes I have a "friend" for a while and then I just get bored of that person and the friendship ends. Sometimes,people try very hard to be my friend, like in an exgerate way... like some people have told me thay they changed their appearance just to be my friend or more than a friend.

The thing is that I just have low tolerance for people who are very predictable or people who act fake or people who have certain styles, music taste and ideologies or people who I percieve as not intelligent enough... and college students have some of the most idiotic annoying behaviors. Don't get me wrong, I'm always very nice to everyone, even to people I don't like but I just prefer to be alone. That's something some people don't understand and many people have talked behind my back and said things aboutd me that are not right...especially during a certain period when I was very expressive about my opinions and many people in the university knew me..well "knew me"... they just developed wrong ideas of who I was... they thought I was spoiled, out of touch with the reality of middle class people, arrogant and an elitist,though I think they were using that word wrongly.

In the past, I actually forced myself to socialize because I need certain experiences for my grad school applications... so I tried to join an exclusive sorority... I tried but then I would just get bored of their fake behaviors and drama. I was invited every year and I tried most of the times but I would always end up not going to all of the reunions, activities and parties so I never had enough points to be initiated.

I sometimes regret not having enough points but it's just because it would be nice to add that to my future application.

To be honest,I do like that people try hard to develop relationships with me. I appreciate it and I would like to have good friendships with them but I value my peace and my freedom very much and I don't want to accept a friendship just because.

I probably have lots of things to say but I don't want this thread to be too long.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP