Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Police: Carjackings becoming more violent in St. Louis
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [link to fox2now.com (secure)]

ST. LOUIS – St. Louis police said carjackings have become increasingly more violent in the city, with 33 reported in August and 14 carjackings reported in the month of September so far.

Just after midnight on Tuesday morning, police said a suspect shot a 59-year-old man in the neck while he was sitting in his 2017 Jeep Cherokee while parked at the Versailles Condominiums along Skinker, across the street from Forest Park.

Police said the victim got out of the Jeep and walked to the doorman inside the building for help. The doorman told one resident that the victim came to him bleeding with a note.

“This man asked our doorman to call his wife,” said Barbara O’Neill. “He wrote down her telephone number and so he called wife and said, you know, that he was going to the hospital.”

Moments after the shooting, some curious residents and their visitors stepped out, stunned that a shooting happened in this area of the city.

“It makes me feel kind of remorseful,” said Christopher Seibert, who was visiting a friend at the time.

The condo manager said the victim is an artist who just moved in about two months ago. She's heartbroken this happened to such a kind person and family.

“I care very deeply for all of my residents and this hit me in the heart,” she said. “I’m just devastated that this could happen to such nice people. Their family must be going through an awful lot right now.”

According to police, there have been several arrests relative to carjackings in the last couple of weeks.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP