Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject "She was believable" narrative, think I've figured it out
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Two separate concepts:

Innocent until proven guilty
Believe someone unless you have a reason not to

I think the republicans are playing this smarter than we might think. I know I am screaming at the TV saying there's NO WAY this is believable, why are they all saying this?

It's a fairness precedent. It's a standard that says "We the republicans ARE NOT going to assume the worst without enough proof. We will give ANYONE, REGARDLESS OF POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY, the benefit of the doubt"

When the democrats' evil tactics are exposed, and the republicans become a supermajority, we need this philosophy. I think the are waiting on confirmation and will let the FBI with evidence and professionals like Rachel Mitchel do the job of tearing her story to shreds.

The feeling everyone will have when this is over is that republicans gave the benefit of the doubt, did not engage in reverse or defensive character assassination, and held the higher ground.

I personally think all these people know the story is BS and politically motivated, but they are setting a very humane precedent that may serve us all well in the aftermath

Just my two cents
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP