Users Online Now: 2,132 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,090,151
Pageviews Today: 1,906,805Threads Today: 736Posts Today: 14,675
08:45 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Is the director of First Man telling us that 'the USA never went to moon' by omitting the flag-planting? Check this out...
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I watched First Man.

It’s funny, because there’s a scene in the middle of the film where Neil Armstrong’s son raises an American flag in front of their house. It was a very patriotic moment in the film.

So, I thought, why wouldn’t they plant the flag on the moon? The film has no problem with American patriotism. Is the director trying to tell us something?

The ending, when they land on the Moon, struck me as funny. It really does seem like the director was trying to recreate exactly what we all saw on television. It really did look like a 1960s movie set. What was supposed to be the sun seems like movie lighting. The moon surface looks fake, perhaps on-purpose.

So, I did a little digging.

The director is Damien Chazelle, and happens to be a HUGE Stanley Kubrick fan.

In 2010, he lists Kubrick’s ‘Barry Lyndon’ as one of his favorite films ever: [link to m.imdb.com (secure)]

In 2014, it’s reported that his favorite film ever is Kubrick’s ‘Full Metal Jacket’ - [link to www.bostonglobe.com (secure)]

Wow, this guy LOVES Kubrick.

Most here already know that Kubrick may have told us he helped fake the moon landing in The Shining.

I think there’s a really good chance that the non-flag-plant, and the ensuing media storm surrounding it, were likely done on-purpose.

Could the director of First Man, Damien Chazelle, be saying “the USA never went to the Moon. This is a work of fiction” with a wink and a nudge, in honor of his favorite director, and possible moon hoax director, Stanley Kubrick?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP