Users Online Now: 2,061 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 788,211
Pageviews Today: 1,030,981Threads Today: 260Posts Today: 3,709
08:47 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Trump didn't say that he finds the Khashoggi "Died in a fist fight story" credible.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Mainstream media outlets, including both CNN and Fox, are saying that Trump said he finds the latest Saudi claim - that Jamal Khashoggi was killed in a fist fight inside the Istanbul consulate - credible. But having closely listened to the interview in which Trump is supposed to have said this, I don't actually think he did say this.

I can understand why people are saying he did, based on Trump's response to the first question we hear from one of the reporters there. But when I listen to the rest of what Trump says, I don't think he says that he finds the "fist fight" story credible. In fact, when asked by another reporter about "the notion that Khashoggi died in a fist fight" Trump actually minimises this 'fist fight' story (although this is actually a mistake, because it's the official story that was put out by Saudi Arabia)

So I think the claim that Trump said this, is a misunderstanding, albeit probably resulting from Trump's poor listening/communication skills.

Here is the interview in question . . .

What do you think?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP