Users Online Now: 2,078 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,583,712
Pageviews Today: 2,306,885Threads Today: 621Posts Today: 12,886
06:46 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Aliens... Fairies... God... Three common questions...
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message You've had somebody ask you one of the following questions:

1. Do you believe in U.F.O.s ?
2. Do you believe in Fairies ?
3. Do you believe in God?

These seem simple enough, but they aren't. I'll tell you why.

There are a couple reasons WHY people ask these questions. They want to know if you're crazy, or they want to know if you believe what they believe, and if you don't they'll still accuse you of being crazy if you don't.

The problem is, none of these questions actually make any sense.

A "UFO" is an unidentified flying object. People see them all the time, they don't require belief. Also, it is implied without saying by most people who ask this question that they're meaning 'aliens' as in 'aliens from outer space.' Sometimes they will ask if you believe in ALIENS and not UFOs... but I'm willing to bet most people will say "UFOs" and not aliens...

As for FAIRIES, this is yet another problem. The problem isn't how 'loony' the belief or the question is, it is that anyone asking this question has no idea that "FAIRY" is a a word that never actually referred to anything specific. Meaning, its use was never referring to a specific being of any sort, it is akin to the word 'animal' which categorizes something generally. The word fé is french and implied the state of dying, death or afterlife, and then made its way into MIDDLE ENGLISH to mean 'anything supernatural' but since they hadn't coined the word 'supernatural' yet, they might say 'uncanny.' Witches, giants, ogres, dwarfs, werewolves might have all been called 'fayries.'

GOD. God is from Ango-Saxon, probably much older, and would be considered "Proto-Germanic" which only meant 'that which I revere' or 'that which I adore' or 'that which I hold above myself' and ALSO never originally meant anything specific to a 'deity' or 'supernatural deity' or 'Creator of the Universe.' So, in fact none of these questions can logically be answered as they are too vague to even understand. If you ask these silly questions or are asked these silly questions the only proper answer is: That question cannot be answered because you have to be more specific, no one can know what the hell you're talking about by asking those questions. It really is that simple.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP