Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Megan Kelly is Getting Ousted from NBC Due to Insensitive Remarks
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [link to www.nytimes.com (secure)]

Megyn Kelly struggled on Wednesday to contain a growing crisis over her racially insensitive remarks during a “Today” show broadcast, statements that propelled longstanding tensions between the former Fox News anchor and her NBC News colleagues into public view.

Several of Ms. Kelly’s fellow NBC stars denounced her for wondering aloud, on-air during “Megyn Kelly Today” on Tuesday, why it was inappropriate for white people to dress in blackface on Halloween.

On Wednesday’s “Today” show, the NBC anchor Craig Melvin called her comments “racist and ignorant,” and Al Roker, the usually genial weatherman, said that Ms. Kelly “owes a bigger apology to folks of color around the country.” The MSNBC anchor Jacob Soboroff wrote on Twitter that her remarks were “vile.”

Ms. Kelly issued a tearful apology of her own at the top of her 9 a.m. broadcast, telling viewers, “I’m Megyn Kelly and I want to begin with two words — I’m sorry.” Hours later, her boss, the NBC News chairman Andrew Lack, criticized her comments at a private gathering of network employees — and offered no praise for her attempts to redeem herself.
“There is no other way to put this, but I condemn those remarks,” Mr. Lack said at a midday staff meeting held in the “Saturday Night Live” studios in Midtown Manhattan. “There is no place on our air or in this workplace for them.”
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP