Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Need legal advice- Daughter assaulted by Indian man on Student visa
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Saturday night my daughter (20) was at a friends house, as she went to leave, another person was leaving. They scuffled at the door (she thought jokingly) and she pushed past him and left. She called him some name and kept walking.

This man apparently caught up with her and tapped her shoulder. When she turned around, he punched her- hard. She fell and blacked out (luckily in the grass area of the parking lot).

She ended up at Mayo clinic with a completely damaged eye- red, swollen and the whole side of her face swollen and damaged. Thankfully, she will heal and suffer no long-term damage.

She didn't know who the guy was until she started getting texts yesterday about the incident from witnesses.

Today when she talked to the officer, the officer stated that one of the witnesses said my daughter had pushed him first inside the house, so she would also get a ticket...

This isn't ok. Even if they were both pushing one another, he followed her and struck her.

Then, I called the dean of student affairs since he is on a student visa. He is from India. He has a history of yelling at and 'going off' on people.

Her medical bills are going to be high, so, that is a consideration here.

It seems as though the officer thinks my daughter shouldn't press charges...

I'm kind of lost here... I havent really slept since the incident, so, I'm not trusting my own brain right now about what is right.

Thoughts? Advice? Thanks in advance.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP