Users Online Now: 1,753 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 569,290
Pageviews Today: 889,451Threads Today: 354Posts Today: 4,834
09:51 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Most of you have not even started the race. You're not even a disciple. Jesus never said come as you are.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message There are requirements when it comes to becoming a disciple. Most who claim to be Christian are ministers of Satan who are controlled by the prince of the power of the air. They have not even begun to start the race to win the prize. We have been commanded to not collect treasures or possessions for our heart lies where our treasure is. Either you worship God or Mammon. Greed is idolatry and the more possesions you have the more greedy you become. So, how many of you have a home full of stuff you have been commanded to sell? Below are multiple bible translations which say the flock of God must not own much. So, are you a disciple or not?

Edit Added: 1 John 3:17
But whoever has the world's goods, and sees his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him?

Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Edit Added: Matthew 10:34-39
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Luke 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Luke 12:32-34 King James Version (KJV)
Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Luke 14:33 -

KJ21
So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be My disciple.

ASV
So therefore whosoever he be of you that renounceth not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

AMP
So then, none of you can be My disciple who does not [carefully consider the cost and then for My sake] give up all his own possessions.

CEB
In the same way, none of you who are unwilling to give up all of your possessions can be my disciple.

CEV
So then, you cannot be my disciple unless you give away everything you own.

DLNT
So therefore, any of you who is not saying-goodbye to all his possessions cannot be My disciple.

ERV
“It is the same for each of you. You must leave everything you have to follow me. If not, you cannot be my follower.

EHV
So then, any one of you who does not say farewell to all his own possessions cannot be my disciple.

ISV
In the same way, none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up all his possessions.

TPT
Likewise, unless you surrender all to me, giving up all you possess, you cannot be one of my disciples.

Edit Added: 1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

1 Corinthians 5:11 King James Version (KJV)
But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

Edit Added: Matthew 13:44-46
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

Edit: I will just add more here since my first post was a bit confusing. I believe one cannot become a disciple unless they love God more than their family, count their lives as nothing, pick up their cross, and give alms to the poor of their own abundance. If we have this world's goods and see others in need, we would be getting poorer over time, not richer. The world is full of people in need but you are allowed to keep the things you need. There is a man in the Bible who sold half his possessions and Christ mentioned salvation coming upon his home. Then there is a widow within the scriptures who gave all she had left and Christ said she gave more than the others because she was poor instead of rich. Then there are those who claim to have the holy spirit who commit sins such as sexual immorality, greed, idolatry, slander, drunkenness, or swindling...these are to be shunned by the church. For many claim to have the holy spirit but they are ministers of Satan who claim to be ministers of God. Anti-Christ who disguise themselves as the followers of Christ. To be honest, one cannot truly follow Christ unless they have the holy spirit and one cannot attain the holy spirit unless they love God. For those led by the spirit are the children of God. For God seeks those who worship in spirit and truth. So make sure you are a child of God before claiming you are a child of God for all liars inherit the lake of fire and if they inherit the lake of fire they are not among those with the spirit who inherit the kingdom of God.

*Edit - More verses below to read.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP