Users Online Now: 1,528 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 222,795
Pageviews Today: 297,273Threads Today: 105Posts Today: 1,172
02:30 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Exploring Orthodox Christianity - The One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I still consider myself new to Orthodoxy, first looking into it about a year and a half ago, starting to take it more seriously now. Right now, after a move to a new state, seems to be the best time to do what I can to get my life right with my Creator. I've been listening to a lot of Jay Dyer and reading his articles, his theological insight is absolutely incredible. Huge resource of geo-politics, spycraft, and Hollywood stuff as well. Definitely check out his reading list when you get a chance. His influence has kept me interested and engaged in pursuing the Orthodox faith.

Journey to Orthodoxy - Jay Dyer

[link to www.youtube.com (secure)]

New to Orthodoxy or Christianity? Member of a non-canonical Christian sect? See:

Orthodox Catechesis playlist:

Link to playlist: [link to www.youtube.com (secure)]

You can watch this playlist to get a general introduction but I highly recommend attending a Divine Liturgy and speaking to an Orthodox Priest in your area as soon as you are able.

The Orthodox Study Bible is all I have been reading from lately and it has proven to be the most accurate resource and reliable source of answers to most questions I have. Highly recommend picking it up if you are looking into Orthodoxy. Read the footnotes! The Orthodox Study Bible, Hardcover: Ancient Christianity Speaks to Today's World - by St. Athanasius Academy of Orthodox Theology

A few books on my book'to read'book list:

On the Cosmic Mystery of Jesus Christ - by St. Maximus the Confessor

Disputations with Pyrrhus - by Saint Maximus the Confessor

Orthodox Dogmatic Theology: The Experience of God, Vol. 1: Revelation and Knowledge of the Triune God - by Dumitru Staniloae

On The Human Condition: St Basil the Great - by St Basil the Great

I will update this thread periodically with freely available Orthodox Christian info resources and discussion. If you are going through a similar kind of spiritual growth/interest please feel free to share your progress and thoughts hf

Try to keep it civil and on topic in here (see thread title), thanks.

Jesus Christ is Lord! -- [link to orthodoxwiki.org (secure)]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP