Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Popular movies before and after 9/11
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I watched the movie "Snake Eyes" for the first time yesterday, and realized it has been a long time since I've seen a good conspiracy movie. I was confused why it had such negative reviews, considering it was one of the better movies I have seen in a while.

Then I realized that ever since 9/11, it seems critics destroy any sort of story that suggests a deep rabbithole conspiracy of a plot, exposing respected elite members within the story. It makes sense- why would TPTB want the masses to consume art that may motivate them to question what they have otherwise been told?

I googled "popular conspiracy movies" and noticed that Google gives you a lengthy list of different movies in the genre. You can do this with all sorts of genres. I'm a data engineer for work and decided to build a web scraper program that could fetch data from these google results.

I exported the results to Excel and snipped a screenshot for you.

It lists the genre, and how many popular movies of each genre came out both before and after 9/11. You can double-check this work by googling "popular GENRE movies"

For all the genres that declined after 9/11, I analyzed the years to find out which decade featured the genre's peak climax. The 1990s would be the most telling decade for implicating that the 9/11 attacks may have effected our culture's popular movies. If the genre was most popular in 1990-2000, but declined after 2001, it's more likely 9/11 has something to do with it.

If a genre dropped in an early decade, or is still popular in the 2000s, then clearly the attacks had no effect on their popularity.

Surely enough, the results proved my theory correct. Popular conspiracy movies have declined 56% since 9/11, with their most popular decade being the 1990s.

[link to ibb.co (secure)]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP