Users Online Now: 2,270 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 612,503
Pageviews Today: 1,061,821Threads Today: 441Posts Today: 7,433
12:56 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject After the TEOTWAWKI event/ the 4 Recovery stages / UPDATE WARNING this happens soon.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message After the TEOTWAWKI event/the 4 stages of recovery.
I know that there are traditional recovery plans for local disasters, but they won't work because they rely on nearby towns and cities to come help. They have 7 stages of recovery listed here.
[link to reliefweb.int (secure)]

What I am going to talk about is recovery after a SHTF type of situation.

The events in todays news are a sign that things are about to take an abrupt turn for the worst, I like many people "feel" it coming. You can find many videos and post related to prepping and what is coming and how things will break down, take your pick and spin the wheel of doom. I would like to talk about during and after.

Weather it's global, nationwide, or regional it's upon Us and I don't think it can be avoided any longer. I have for years been prepping for this time, as many people have, at this point the actual event is not as important to me as is what comes after.

cucalps

When the music stops, an article by M. Bracken in Sept. of 2011. Describes in detail the way things would break down in an American city, and gives a great point of view from a military perspective.

In a SHTF event, It will be very important to keep as low of a profile as possible, I have fought in wars and done others dirty work, and have no patience for the fools in charge to figure out how to stay in power, nor do I think a different group of fools would be better. From time to time the forest must burn to get rid of the dead wood and make room for new growth.
The first 12 to 18 months will be when most of the people survive or die.
People will die from hunger, disease, fighting others, and because of everyday things, lack of power for medical equipment, medicines for all kinds of conditions
like a cut becoming infected.

Only by controlling who knows; what you have, who you're with, and what your location is, will
give you a better chance at survival.

There won't be an internet to look up the information of " that guy you met online" or the article
you read on making xxxxxx whatever ( so print copies now).

It is very important to blend in at the early stages of a shtf event. you will need to act as if you have nothing and don't know what's going on.
Ghost mode and gray man skills should be worked on now.

At the start of the event Governments will try to maintain order, give out supplies, and information. You should go to civic meetings, food shelters, and other gatherings to find out who is calling the shots and what their plan is.

foogardnomodrosto
These people who think that they are in charge often will make decisions that are short sighted and dangerous.
When the food supplies runout at the store they will automatically think of confiscating others supplies as a fast short term solution to the problem.

Be careful about what you tell people and if needed spread disinformation to those who pry or press for answers.
If you are aware of the discussions at a townhall meeting then you can suggest ways of meeting the food and water needs before it becomes a problem, and if the decision is made to confiscate supplies, then you will have time to hide your resources before they come.
prepgold

In the months following an event, people will be the biggest danger and not just strangers. It will most likely be the people you know, we all have that one friend or family member who speaks without thinking or dosen't pay attention to who might be listening.

There are 4 stages as I see it to the collapse and recovery cycle.
1st Stage is the event or events leading to a situation that is beyond the point of recovery. (To normal life as we know it)
In this stage which last from 30 to 90 days there is still some order, some food, some sense that things will return to normal. People will be in shock as they begin to realize the world they knew is gone. The event may have taken out whole crops and make the environment difficult to raise another.

cropevent

2nd Stage is WROL(without rule of law) this stage lasts between 3 months and 3 years. WE ARE at the beginning of this Stage

I am reminded of this scene from the movie fight club, because of the current activities of BLM and Antifa, and the Border crises.

"what did you think would happen; you're running around in masks. blowing things up".

When people realize there is no law, and no civil order then "capital" crimes will sky rocket.

People will settle old scores, and take things that they think they deserve, to include rape of women who rejected and belittled them, or killing the ex husband who used to abuse them. This will not be a time when morals or ethics restrain actions of desperate people. In this time you won't get into arguments you will get into gunfights.
newpc

The 3rd Stage of the cycle takes place when the dust starts to settle between 3 to 8 years after the event. During this time groups of survivors live a tribal type of existence, where farming and hunting skills help to keep the group alive.

farmskhuntskil

At this time of the cycle groups will still keep contact with other groups to a minimum with some trade.
Other survivors with skill sets such as medical training,
blacksmiths, will start to rebuild the tools necessary for towns to begin to develop.

trayskilhamrstik

those with some engineering knowledge could salvage some of what was left behind, and with some work repair things to get basic utilities running a simple methane digester could provide fuel or a generator for electricity and cooking/ heating. Teachers could begin to teach children the 3R's that is essential for the 4th stage.

metdomemedig

The 4th stage takes place after the 3rd stage is well established between 8 and 20 years after the event. trade between towns and settlements, rules that are understood between leaders sometimes this takes longer but will eventually become common practice in regions and the rebirth of City States where people refer to themselves as Roman, or Spartan etc.

I realize that this is just my basic plan and there are tons of specific things to add to the plan. my goal is to set the framework up for people just getting started.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP