Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Shots Fired as Woman, 79, Halts Home Invasion by Herself
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message A 79-year-old Georgia woman spent nearly 10 minutes on the phone with a 911 dispatcher – while holding a burglar at bay with her handgun. A recording of the call shines new light on the ordeal.

The break-in started just after 12 p.m. At first the woman believed there to be multiple invaders, but it was one dedicated would-be thief she cornered in her upstairs. The 20-year-old suspect, identified as Hans Rogers, was soon arrested and taken into custody.

“They’re trying to get in the back door. Hurry. Hurry. Please,” she said. “Lord have mercy.” Then the dispatcher asked her where she was in the house.

“I’m in the kitchen,” she said. “I’m watching the door that they were trying to get in. Ooh, they’re breaking glass.” Then she shouted at the intruder, “Okay, come on! I got something for you!”

The dispatcher tried asking the woman to listen, but was cut off by the sound of a gunshot. Seemingly unfazed, the burglar went around the house and broke in through a different door.

Rogers successfully got in through a second-story entrance up a flight of stairs. She described the sounds of the man to the dispatcher while he scoured her house for prescription drugs.

“I’m waitin’ on ya, come on,” she shouted, firing a second shot upstairs. “Come on! Come on down here,” she kept shouting. “When you come down those stairs I’m gonna blow your damn brains out!”

[link to www.gunsamerica.com (secure)]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP