Users Online Now: 2,089 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 2,269,492
Pageviews Today: 3,153,729Threads Today: 742Posts Today: 14,916
11:45 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject HEADS UP: Cute little dog needs a home in New Mexico....he's on the street, and it's below freezing at night!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This story is coming from Ruidoso, NM.

This little dog looks like he's got some Scottish Terrier in him....and maybe some wiener dog. He's obviously a mutt, but he's a really cute mutt.

Lawdy, I'm a cat person, so I don't know dog breeds well at all, but he's bigger than a Chihuahua.

I saw him at one of my clients apartment building where he was asleep on the concrete. I asked her what's up with the dog, and she said he was a stray....just about broke my heart when I saw the dog get up and start walking around like he was just lost, like he was looking for someone to know him.

My client informed me she was going to call the pound to have him picked up, but as of yesterday that hasn't been done yet. She's called, but no one has come to get him.

Somebody is currently providing food and water, and a pillow bed for the dog, but he needs a home so very badly. It dips well below freezing in Ruidoso this time of the year. Also, I do not live in Ruidoso, I live in Alamo.

My client is going to call the pound - which actually is the police station - again Monday, to see if she can get someone out to pick this guy up, and get him in a shelter.

We have a huge hearted AC on the east coast who is willing to sponsor the dog while in the shelter, and even fly him to where he lives....but given cities are far and few between here in southern NM, as are airports, it is going to take a large effort to just get him to an airport.

You can see the OP, myself and others talking about getting this little guy fixed up with a home here--

Thread: CATTARDS! The moment he discovers he has ears

My effort here with this thread is to see if we have someone who visits GLP who might want to take the dog home with them, or they know someone who needs a new companion here in New Mexico...or even Texas. Even just fostering the little guy until a home can be found for him would be super sweet.

He needs someplace to sleep other than the freezing cold street....verysad

Please, please help if you can....hf
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP