Users Online Now: 2,227 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,082,087
Pageviews Today: 1,504,372Threads Today: 406Posts Today: 7,282
12:24 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I need some sound advice here, GLP. NO NONSENSE PLEASE...
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message My fiance and I were out for a walk on a nature trail over the weekend and I saw something glimmering in the woods when the sun passed through the trees. I approached the area and it took a little time to find where it was coming from, but I eventually found it. There was a tree limb and around one of it’s small branches was a ring. To me, it looked like a perfect place to put a ring if you stopped there to wash your hands or whatever task that called for taking a ring off and placing it somewhere. The ring was pretty fancy, and it has a pretty big diamond on it with smaller diamonds set around it. I have a friend who’s mom works in a jewelry store and she confirmed that it is real and worth quite a bit, in fact, it’s an astonishing amount. Now here’s where things get murky. My first thought was to find it’s owner, and I figured it would be a pretty simple task since I highly doubt it just landed on that limb by accident; however, my fiance proclaims that would be a pure nightmare since anyone could claim it’ as theirs and try to swindle me for ownership. She thinks I should just sell it and keep the money. The ring has no inscription and the diamond isn’t marked or logged by a laser. Last night my fiance and I had an argument about the whole ordeal and it’s starting to make me feel uncomfortable even having it in my possession much less keeping money from an object that has already brought disarray into our lives. We aren’t rich people, and the money would absolutely change our lives, but I also hate to think there is someone out there being tortured by the loss of this thing. On another note, I’ve never seen my fiance act this way, and because it’s due to gaining this money, which isn’t technically even ours to begin with...it’s kind of bothering me even more.

What should I do?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP