Users Online Now: 1,784 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 459,595
Pageviews Today: 749,986Threads Today: 251Posts Today: 4,723
09:09 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Gates and Jobs get lucky at thirteen.. And the rest is History.. .... Same with McCafee, Ellison
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Well yeah, Here me out..
I submit that even though we constantly hear the ole sayings. "work hard, dont give up, save your money, get an education. I would like to submit that Great success is basically a matter of Luck. I provide the brief examples below as examples. And if you read further, ALL of the stars were aligned for their success, Timing etc.

Oh yeah and they both had a BENT for electronics..but how many others also had the same bent at 13? For me it was cooking. I guess if i had called upon Martha Stewart or Julia child. yeah....

Gates gets:

When Gates was in the eighth grade, the Mothers' Club at the school used proceeds from Lakeside School's rummage sale to buy a Teletype Model 33 ASR terminal and a block of computer time on a General Electric (GE) computer for the school's students.[29

Jobs gets:

When he was 13 in 1968, Jobs was given a summer job by Bill Hewlett (of Hewlett-Packard) after Jobs cold-called him to ask for parts for an electronics project: "He didn't know me at all, but he ended up giving me some parts and he got me a job that summer working at Hewlett-Packard on the line, assembling frequency counter

if you study Ellison and McCaffee they were practically steeped in the foundations of what would be Computer programs. Amazing..
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP