Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Easter vs. Passover
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This season, let each one of us ask ourselves, are we going serve the Living, Resurrected Lord Jesus Christ of the Holy Scriptures, or an idol that, though bearing the same name, speaketh not and is ultimately the creation of the traditions of men?

Jesus Wasn't Crucified on a Friday or Resurrected on a Sunday( [link to www.ucg.org (secure)] )

"And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time."-Daniel 7:25

The Gregorian Calendar which we use today in America, was proclaimed by Pope Gregory XIII in 1582 ( [link to www.britannica.com (secure)] ), and designed by the jesuit Christopher Clavius, in order to to standardize the "church holidays" ( [link to en.wikipedia.org (secure)] ). But this begs the question, what is a true church holiday?

There are two predominant Holidays this time of year, one is based on tradition, steeped in pagan symbols and rites and is an abomination to the Lord, and is widely observed ("Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen"-Jer. 10:2), while the other is based on the Word of God, was fulfilled by His Son, and is observed only by a faithful remnant ("If ye love me, keep my commandments. Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."-Jn. 14:15; Mt. 5:17-19). The former falls on this Sun(worship)day, the latter this year happens to fall on Friday April 19th (Nisan the 14h on Hebrew Calendar in accordance with the Bible.) At the bottom of this post, you shall find several resources elucidating the nature of each Holyday, respectively.

"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Now therefore fear the Lord, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the Lord. And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
-Mt. 4:4; Josh. 24:24-25

Pagan Easter:
- [link to www.abc.net.au (secure)]
- [link to www.historicmysteries.com (secure)]
- [link to www.piney.com]

Biblical Passover:

- [link to www.bibletools.org (secure)]
- [link to www.westernseminary.edu (secure)]
- [link to www.ucg.org (secure)]
- [link to www.ucg.org (secure)]
- [link to www.westarkchurchofchrist.org]
- [link to rcg.org (secure)]