Users Online Now: 1,912 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 615,841
Pageviews Today: 805,263Threads Today: 233Posts Today: 3,232
07:06 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Has anyone moved from suburbs/city to rural/small town to remove kids from entitled atmosphere? I’m trying to decide..
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message 3 kids. High schooler has 2 more years, so staying here until he graduates. Kids go to an excellent, highly rated, private school. We live in an affluent suburb, bordering a southern city best described at ghettoish, in a poor state. There is a big concentration of wealth and those who aspire to act and feel wealthy. No crime to speak of, every amenity. Sounds as if I’d be crazy to leave, BUT I feel the atmosphere may be hurting my kids. My 6th grader thinks she’s deprived because all the other girls have IPhone X. 🙄 I’d love to say she’s exaggerating, but I talk to the moms and as far as I know, there’s only one other kid in her grade without an iPhone. It would be funny, except I’m talking about my childrens’ lives.

We can relocate to an area where the education won’t be as top notch, the extracurricular activities will be limited, but I have to admit I enjoy the time I spend there. I have family and already own the property. Low pressure, down to earth people, good values. People seem more “real”. I am curious if anyone else has traded convenience and the “good life” in exchange for a life that doesn’t give their kids as many obvious advantages, but shows them how most of the world lives, keeps them close to family, nature and teaches a work ethic. I’m already seeing the results of living amongst nothing but entitled kids in my oldest and I’m just not sure I want to stay on this ride. I’d love to hear from those who have faced similar decisions. Anyone? My husband will go along with whatever I decide. His choice to be that way, not mine, btw.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP