Users Online Now: 1,532 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 428,611
Pageviews Today: 687,690Threads Today: 198Posts Today: 3,476
07:21 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Abortion is not a right and it is not a form of birth control, sorry.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I have looked and looked and yet it still eludes me. Does anyone know where the abortion section of the constitution is? I found the part that talks about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, the key word there being life.

Listen, I don't care what women do with their bodies. An abortion is not about just their body.

Here's how it works;

A woman gets pregnant, her and the man talk about it and they decided on an abortion. She has one.

A woman gets pregnant, her and the man talk about it, she wants an abortion and he does not. She has one.

A woman gets pregnant, her and the man talk about it, she wants to keep it and he does not. She keeps it, raises it and now he pays child support for the rest of his life (18 years).

Where is the choice for the man? If she goes to a clinic with the man, he has no say and no ability to voice his opinion. Whereas she will be asked if anyone is pressuring her or supporting her.

In cases of rape, incest and the mothers health (long and short term) the ability to receive an abortion should be allowed. In every other situation it comes down to personal responsibility. There are condoms, birth control pills, vasectomies for the older guys, tubes getting tied for the older women or the women who already have like 8 kids.

Abortion removes personal responsibility and it is not a form of birth control.

By banning abortion in most cases no woman has lost the ability to control her body. Simply she (and the man) have been told to act like adults and take responsibility for their actions. She still has control over her body. A few examples;

A man and woman want to have sex, he has no condom and she is not on the pill = no sex.

A man and woman want to have sex, he has a condom and she is not on the pill = they either have sex or she says no.

A man and woman want to have sex, she is on the pill and he has no condom = they either have sex or she says no.

Am I missing the part where the guy gets to decide whether sex occurs or not. Men have no power to decide if sex occurs. That's called rape and it's a crime.

sex is a pro-creative act that has pleasuring benefits. It is not a recreational sport nor is it a weapon. It certainly is not there for men and women to do what they will with no regard for consequences.

I would argue that everyone is pro choice. We ALL have the choice to have unprotected sex. However, we are not all pro consequence or pro personal responsibility. Some argue that you should be allowed to do what you want and if unintended consequences happen then you should simply be allowed to pretend they didn't. Others argue that you should be held accountable for your actions. It's that simple.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP