Users Online Now: 1,305 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 312,160
Pageviews Today: 499,113Threads Today: 161Posts Today: 2,923
06:29 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject How do I ask a man of the church for his time?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I joined the Army at 18 almost immediately after my 18th birthday in 1/2000 and was almost immediately shipped off. This isn’t a thing of PTSD, or “I saw this and can’t get it out of my head” or that kind of thing. This is an incident that happened after my return that still affects me today. I actually posted about it in here years ago. Like 5+ years ago, but this isn’t really the place to be confiding this sort of thing. The chaplain all those years ago gave me an empty answer in all of his arrogance that was almost an insult.

Over the past few months I’ve considered this idea. I’m not really interested in going to a regular weekly service, celebration won’t give me what I seek. I’m originally from Atlanta and say whatever you’d like, but the churches in inner cities are filled with some of the most legitimate attendees who have what many don’t. I’ve considered asking someone there, as to it’s something they might be familiar with although I’m a white guy. (Ironic) but it’s not a deal breaker.

I know these men have families and their own lives, and I imagine that leading a church is a full time job in itself, but although I’ve never been a churchgoer, I’ve highly respected the wisdom of those who are true in their faith and wiser than the others. But I don’t know how to approach these guys. I can be a smart ass, and have fun, but GLP is the first time I’ve even asked about it or brought it up. I haven’t brought it up to my wife or parents because I don’t want them to worry about me. I know someone here knows this simple courtesy, I just want to make sure I don’t interrupt and do it with the respect and integrity I want to.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP