Users Online Now: 1,760 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,483,651
Pageviews Today: 2,460,785Threads Today: 921Posts Today: 16,732
11:45 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject What's with people that never apologize?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Kind of interesting, as I was musing over this just recently, I found this article. There's have been many in my life that seem incapable of it. Curious of other alternative explanations as well.

[link to www.theepochtimes.com (secure)]

Kind of interesting, as I was musing over this just recently. There's have been many in my life that seem incapable of it. Curious of other alternatives as well.

"When it’s boiled down, the act of saying sorry is an admission of having done something wrong. For some people, admitting wrongdoing is not possible, even when they feel bad about their actions and know they are in the wrong. It’s odd to witness, but this never-sorry person can actually be remorseful while still refusing to utter the two words that would right their wrong.

To be able to admit that we’ve done something wrong requires a certain level of self-esteem or ego strength. People who are deeply insecure can find it challenging to apologize, in part because a single mistake has the power to obliterate their entire self-worth. The idea that they could make a mistake and still be a valuable and good person is unthinkable for someone whose self-esteem is severely lacking.

An apology is an admission of fallibility, which can trigger the vast reservoir of inadequacy and shame they carry, and thus threaten the fragile narrative they’ve constructed about themselves. For a person with a damaged sense of self-worth, acknowledging an error can be tantamount to annihilation."
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP