Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject SHTF kit: Dental for Toothache and exposed nerves
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Well I wanted to write this post because I had to do my own DIY dentistry for the second time on a back molar. I have Enamel hypoplasia which is basically little to no tooth enamel and was born with it. And enamel is not something that can be replaced, it degrades over time. Sure you can get tooth pastes that deposit minerals but it’s really not going to do anything, enamel is like the sponge that allow things like sugar/bacteria/food to enter your teeth and cause cavities.

It really sucks. I remember being young and my Dad had a great dental plan. From a toddler to 18 I got a teeth cleaning every 6 months. Every single time I had to get fillings. My parents started getting pissed off saying I must not be brushing my teeth (I think I was 12 at the time)? So I showed them, every day for 6 months I showed them I was brushing and flossing twice a day. They didn’t ask that, but I wanted to prove I was doing what the dentist had asked. After all that, we go to the dentist and guess what, 9 cavities! I still remember the number because in the past it had been 3-5 fillings between sessions. Even the dental hygienist said there was no tarter so then she started asking me if I was bulimic. Really? Took them a long ass time to diagnose it and I can tell you- I’m the go to for toothache/root canal/nerve pain there is.

I eventually got crowns on all my top teeth because those white fillings don’t really last more than 1.5 years, and also a couple molars. I think I have something like 14 crowns and 2 root canals. Mind you not all these teeth required crowns but I was getting real tired of the white filling touch up every 1.5 years.

Twice now 2 of my very back molars have flared up, they would have required root canals. Since they are my way back teeth and nobody can see them, I don’t care. You know if you need a root canal- this constant throbbing pain, makes the healthy teeth even hurt, then you get a headache from all the nerve pain- you can’t even concentrate. Can’t even function really, I only got those root canals because they were visible teeth.

So I know all about tooth decay and pain due to this condition. I learned a lot and did my own DIY on my back two molars because I didn’t want to spend $1500 a pop on back molars nobody would even see. After experiencing the worst tooth pain ever, I really think this stuff is important for and Emergency Aid Kit or Shit Hit The Fan Kit.

1)
One of these 2:
Clove Oil
Red Cross Toothache

2)
Dentemp

3)
Cotton Balls or Ear swabs

These are the main things you need but there will be an additional ingredient at the end of instructions for other things: for tooth abscess or infection.

Directions: Apply Red Cross Toothache 2-4 times a day on day 1. Even when you don’t feel pain. Red Cross is Basically clove oil with some added ingredients (sometimes cinnamon, nutmeg). But clove oil works just as good but might burn more. I’ll be honest, tried both RC and Clove Oil and they both taste nasty and burn like hell. Apply to area with a small cotton swab or ball- if you touch anything else in your mouth with it - it burns (lips, inner cheeks, gums-anywhere in the mouth).

Clove oil or Eugenol kills the nerve of the tooth, that’s why this works.

Next apply Dentemp. Both Red Cross and Dentemp can be found at Walmart and Walgreens. Or you can make your own Dentemp by mixing
Zinc Oxide and Clove oil (it’s the same thing basically). You can get them on Amazon if your grocery store doesn’t have these things. The Dentemp will act as a plug so the tooth nerve is not exposed same with small cavities. It will break away with vigorous brushing hence “temp” in the name. So if you need to wait for a dentist and you have throbbing pain, it will get you through it. Or if it’s a shit hit the fan scenario, that oil will kill the nerve and end your pain.

Additional tooth remedies if you get a tooth abscess or straight up need antibiotics for ANY infection. Garlic is your friend. 3 cloves of garlic a day is stronger than the strongest antibiotic on the market today (prescription wise). Will cure at least a dental abscess in 3-4 days with no need for follow up. I know because it worked for me.

Sorry for the long post, but some people don’t report their history with remedies- so I wanted to make a clear path of what I have endured and what helped for me with extreme dental pain and I don’t think it’s a bad thing to have in a first aid kit.

FYI: When you get an impacted tooth from wisdom tooth extraction (get a dry socket- they use a clove oil patch to get rid of the pain). They know it they just don’t advertise it.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP