Users Online Now: 1,992 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 985,479
Pageviews Today: 1,760,647Threads Today: 753Posts Today: 13,427
07:57 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Anyone else had to cut a toxic parent out of their life?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message My father has been physically, emotionally, and verbally abusive to me when I was a kid living at home. He was the same way to my mother.

Now he’d dare not lay a hand on me, but the emotional and verbal abuse has continued.

Today he screamed at my son, his grandson, for a perceived slight. My son apologized several times but my dad refused to accept the apology.

My mother passed a few months ago due to cancer, and my father was incredibly cruel to her to pretty much the last day as she lay on her death bed.

Today though, when he was screaming at my son and I intervened, he started in on me.

That’s the last straw. I’m nearly 50 and he’s in his early 70’s.

I’m genuinely done. It sucks, but he’s not going to change and I’m tired of fixing things for him. He’s never apologized for anything he’s done, ever.

Anyone else on GLP have to go through something like this?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP