Users Online Now: 1,789 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 603,628
Pageviews Today: 1,014,814Threads Today: 368Posts Today: 6,773
11:42 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject The worst post-nasal drip (PND) in my life.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Being sick is the easy part. When the cold is done and your sinuses are still full draining down the back of your throat when you try to sleep - well that is the hard part.

Normally a couple of days of PND and it's behind you. Well I am into week 2 of it and no end in sight. Doctor has prescribed me a nasal steroid but it doesn't work. Leading up to it, I've tried everything:

Throat lozenges, cough syrup, over-the-counter nose spray, neti pot, and honey-lemon-cinnamon mixture. Even went so far as to get liquored up on rye.

A hot shower cleans out the pipes for an hour or so but the sinuses fill up again :(

There used to be a prescription med available in Canada called cough-a-lac but no longer available. Can't even find it on the web. It is a hydrocodone compound (opioid) that deadens the part of the brain that triggers a cough. Addicting if used long term.

2 to 3 drops in a glass of water and your cough mechanism was turned off for about 6 hours. Apparently that is a health risk. Well I am here to tell you that sleep deprivation is a bigger health risk.

My doctor will not prescribe a hydrocodone compound because it is too extreme and not recommend to treat a snot cough only a dry cough.

Fuck the fucking doctors!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP