Users Online Now: 1,101 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 277,254
Pageviews Today: 449,299Threads Today: 127Posts Today: 2,578
05:24 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject The Star of Bethlehem was Supernova SN 2009nw. Find out why!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message iPTF14hls is an unusual supernova that exploded at least twice in the last 60 years alone. And three years after its second explosion, iPTF14hls fluctuated between bright and dim at least five separate times more.
[link to en.wikipedia.org (secure)]

The first thing that came to my mind when I read this article was the Star of Bethlehem. The gospel of Matthew talked about a mysterious star that appeared, disappeared, and then reappeared again a second time within a span of two years or less.

Thus, a supernova similar in nature with iPTF14hls, and capable of exploding multiple times over a period of several years can explain the Star of Bethlehem in the same manner the gospel of Matthew described it.

The only question in my mind was how to identify which supernova among a list of over ten thousand observed supernovae was the Star of Bethlehem. And to correctly identify the supernova which was also the Star of Bethlehem at the time of Christ’s birth, it is important to know first when exactly Christ was born.

In my previous video titled, “When was Christ born and when was he baptised? The Year, Month, and Day. Revealed at last!”, I concluded that according to the Julian calendar, Christ was born after sundown on Friday, January 9, 1 BC and before sunrise on Saturday, January 10, 1 BC.

Using the Gregorian calendar instead, Christ’s birth is dated after sundown on Friday, January 7, 1 BC and before sunrise on Saturday, January 8, 1 BC. And as I mentioned in my previous video, Orthodox Christians in central and eastern Europe and other parts of the world do celebrate the old Christmas day, or Christ’s birth, on January 7.
[link to www.whychristmas.com (secure)]

Now knowing the year, month, and day of Christ’s birth is still not enough to uniquely identify the star of Bethlehem, or the supernova associated with it. One has to know the exact time during the day, when Christ was born. And fortunately for us, a total lunar eclipse visible in Israel occurred on the very night Christ was born on January 10, 1 BC, according to the Julian calendar. And I believe Christ was born at precisely the exact moment when this total lunar eclipse was at its greatest eclipse.
[link to eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov (secure)]

Since according to Matthew, the star of Bethlehem “stopped over the place” where the Magi first saw the baby Jesus, astronomically speaking, this means the star of Bethlehem was at the zenith of the sky, or directly overhead, where baby Jesus was seen. And thus, the constellation where the supernova, or the Star of Bethlehem belongs to, must have also been at the zenith of the sky at that time as well.

If we now use the Stellarium software we can see that at the time of greatest eclipse, which was also the moment when the Moon’s elongation was at its maximum on January 10, 1 BC, the constellation Leo was at the zenith of the sky in the Soreq cave, where I believe Christ was born. And knowing this immensely helped me to narrow down my search for the Star of Bethlehem to one of the supernovae specifically and only in the Leo constellation.

Locating the Star of Bethlehem in the Leo constellation should not be a surprise. Afterall, the town of Bethlehem where Christ was born belonged to the tribe of Judah, and this tribe is without a shadow of a doubt, represented by the constellation Leo. And this is based on how Jacob described Judah as a lion, and also on how the Book of Revelation described Christ as the lion of the tribe of Judah as well.

And this is how I discovered that the supernova SN 2009nw, located at the Leo constellation, was in fact the Star of Bethlehem.
damned
The Star of Bethlehem identified, and its mystery finally solved. It will surprise you!
[link to www.youtube.com (secure)]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP