Users Online Now: 1,281 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 176,613
Pageviews Today: 297,106Threads Today: 93Posts Today: 1,807
04:22 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Yea, so my son hacked my pacemaker...
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message To set the background, I have a cardiomyopathy and my doc implanted a pacemaker/ defibrillator years ago due to the possibility of sudden cardiac failure. I am not dependent on it but it is there for emergency. I have had it long enough to have 3 replacements because the battery only last 4-5 years. Well the newest one is readable from home. They sent me home with an interrogation device that reads my data and sends it in nightly for analysis through wifi. Pretty cool huh?

My son works cyber security for a branch of the Gov. I won't go into details but he is an ethical hacker. They combat criminal hacking obviously. He had heard that it was possible to hack my new device so attempted it and succeeded. I got rid of the interrogation device they gave me and told them I will make appts for device interrogation when needed.

However anyone close enough to intercept my RF signal could do it through wifi. I dont pretend to know how this is done but my son told me they would really have to know the interrogation protocol of my device to adjust the settings, shock me or shut it off. He did get in far enough to read notes left on my diagnosis within the device. It was kind of cool but real creepy also. Still not sure how I feel about it.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP