Users Online Now: 1,737 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 739,807
Pageviews Today: 1,260,841Threads Today: 486Posts Today: 8,771
02:09 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject WALKAWAY: Elsa Alcala-retired Republican judge on the state’s highest court leaves GOP due to Trump’s tweets
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Citing what she called President Donald Trump’s racist ideology, Elsa Alcala, a retired Republican judge on the state’s highest criminal court, announced on Facebook that she can no longer support the GOP and has left the party.

“It has taken me years to say this publicly but here I go. President Trump is the worst president in the history of this country,” Alcala wrote Monday. “Even accepting that Trump has had some successes — and I believe these are few — at his core, his ideology is racism. To me, nothing positive about him could absolve him of his rotten core.”

Appointed to the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals by Gov. Rick Perry in 2011, Alcala spent 20 years as a GOP judge, also serving in a trial court and intermediate appeals court.

Alcala said Trump’s behavior, including a recent tweet suggesting that four Democratic congresswomen of color should “go back” to the countries they came from, combined with state and national Republican Party support for the president, weighed on her conscience.

“Every day with the Republican Party seemed worse than the day before. Trump speaks about brown people like me as lesser beings,” Alcala told the American-Statesman on Tuesday. “It’s cliche to say, but the Republican Party left me.”

[link to www.statesman.com (secure)]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP