Users Online Now: 1,760 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 759,080
Pageviews Today: 1,228,596Threads Today: 489Posts Today: 7,448
01:03 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Those who were alive during the first Moon Landing in 1969... is there nobody amongst you that thought "What a crock of shite that was?"
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Look at how crisp and clear the picture quality is on this movie trailer 1969. The colours are vivid, the picture is sharp, you could watch the film beginning to end without losing interest:

By 1969 colour programming had already arrived and was being widely used. But even television programmes as far back as 1940 had a crisp, sharp image so the viewer knew what he was meant to be watching:

I don't know how it was for the people who lived through the Moon Landing in 1969, but surely there would have been a few free-thinking souls who did not buy into all the hype and thought the whole thing was a boring non-event. Days, months, years of talking about the widely-anticipated Moon Landing then (drumroll) the Great Reveal looked like this... (scroll to 58 seconds):

I cannot understand how anyone can get so excited about such grainy footage. You can hardly see anything, it looks like a blurry image from some 1900s silent movie !!!

Looking at the footage makes me wonder if the moon landing actually happened too early. By 1980, for example, it would've made a thrilling, exciting worldwide television event where at least you'd have proper footage and a proper visual record of the event. Unfortunately what we have from 1969 just doesn't seem amazing or astounding in any stretch of the imagination, just a huge disappointment
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP