Users Online Now: 1,471 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 216,163
Pageviews Today: 442,259Threads Today: 257Posts Today: 4,729
10:23 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject EQUALITY TAKES A TOLL: Women are stressed, 'burning out' at an alarming rate, new study finds
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message (Meredith) -- A new study published Thursday found that American women are experiencing "burnout" and stress at an alarming rate.

The study, conducted by the Meredith Corporation and The Harris Poll, found that women across generations feel more stressed, tired, overwhelmed, anxious and burned out across every aspect of their lives than in the past — and significantly more so than their male counterparts. The study surveyed 2,015 U.S. adults, including 1,036 women, spanning four generations, including Gen Z, Millennials, Gen Xers, and Boomers.

"Burnout" is an official medical diagnosis, according to the World Health Organization.

According to the study:

48 percent of women said their burnout/stress is so extreme that it keeps them up at night
49 percent of women said that a "work-life balance is a myth"
67 percent of Generation Z women (born after 1995) said "The way things are going, I don't know how I'm going to cope with the stress if it continues at this pace"
81 percent of women say society glorifies being busy

The study found that men and women feel similar levels of burnout at work, but women are much more likely to experience burnout at home, with their social lives and as parents. Nearly two-thirds (63 percent) of women said that after handling all of their family's needs in the morning, "I feel like I've worked an entire day before getting to the office." And an alarming 73 percent of the "Sandwich Generation" agreed with that statement (women who are responsible for children and an older parent at the same time).
[link to www.wfsb.com (secure)]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP