Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Short, and some longer, Thoughts
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This thread is for my thoughts on various subjects. It is my original writings so there are no copyright or link issues. Feel free to share it in full where you wish but it would be appreciated to place a link to the original piece here and credit "WhiteFly of GLP". Positive comments and constructive ideas are welcome. Thank you...and we begin with "Thank You".

Thank you

Thank you. What is it about thank you? Why is a Thank You so important and why is the lack of it so offensive? Someone does something for you or you do something for someone but then...nothing. Now one gets upset because something in return was expected for something given. Even if just some acknowledgment...but nothing. Then come the thoughts:"What a jerk! I'll never do anything for him again. What an ungrateful ass!" And with that a possible relationship becomes much harder or impossible. All because of 2 little words..."Thank you" or just "Thanks".

Why then is it so? Why then should it be said or expected? Shouldn't everything just be done out of selfless love without any thought of a return? Without thought of acknowledgment? Is it just a formality that must be observed for better relationships? Good manners for show because it's expected whether you want to or not? Something for an ego boost?

No, it is about more than that. It is about value. A "Thank You" shows value. It shows that the other is acknowledged for their effort. For their time. That it is valued. That they are valued. Nobody likes being made felt unwanted. Nobody likes being felt as if they are just something to be used and discarded when done with. Two little words...Thank You...shows that you acknowledge and value who the other person is. It shows that you see and respect their efforts. Everyone likes to be valued. To feel acknowledged.

A Thank You is an expression of Love. It shows that you love what the other person did and you love that they were willing to do it for you. A Thank you is a "Yes, it's good for me to know you. Yes, I appreciate your heart and who you are". A Thank You is medicine for the soul. No matter how bad your day was, if someone says sincerely "Thank You" you immediately feel uplifted and appreciated. "Now I can go on another day".

Selflessness does not mean having to accept disrespectfulness. Doing something for someone and not getting a thank you or just expecting one but not getting it and then moving on may seem selfless and forgiving but it is not. It hurts you. It diminishes your worth as a person. It disrespects your being and makes you feel less loved and valued. Nobody wants to be unloved and unvalued.

Thank you builds relationships. It strengthens relationships and keeps it together. Nobody likes a user. Users are losers. The one that can say a simple Thank You will always be the winner. The winner of respect, admiration and increased value. Love enough to say Thank You. It is the gift that will give back more than can be imagined. Also, what applies to Thank you applies to Please. Three little words that make life a lot more pleasant.

I Thank You for reading.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP