Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Trans activist Jessica Yaniv
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Trans activist Jessica Yaniv's human rights complaints brought her prominence; now she's accused of harassment and predatory behaviour
As the tribunal has heard Yaniv’s complaints, outrage has been roused over the possibility that anti-discrimination laws require women to wax male genitalia

In a phone call to a Vancouver-area beauty salon, a masculine voice inquires about the availability of Brazilian waxes for “Jonathan.”

“I’m transgender, just so you’re aware, I just want to make sure it’s not an issue,” says Jonathan Yaniv, a trans woman who is now named Jessica and who, on documents like her driver’s licence, has officially changed her gender to female. Yaniv would later say she made the June 2018 recording, which she shared with the National Post, in anticipation of discrimination based on past experience.

“I’m so sorry,” replies the employee of the salon franchise, which has since closed.

“I guess I’ll see you in court,” Yaniv says, and abruptly hangs up.

Why do you keep calling?

In another call a month later to a salon in Delta, B.C., Yaniv asks about price.

“Come here, then we can talk to you,” says the woman. And then, “F—— bastard… We don’t do. Are you mentally sick? This is a salon. Why do you keep calling?”

Yaniv, 32, is pursuing more than a dozen identical human rights complaints against salons for refusing to wax her crotch. She still has male genitals, but says she is on a wait list for genital surgery...

[link to nationalpost.com (secure)]

One pic from article:
[link to nationalpostcom.files.wordpress.com (secure)]

Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP