Users Online Now: 2,164 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 433,654
Pageviews Today: 725,793Threads Today: 288Posts Today: 4,616
09:35 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject IS YOUR JOB USEFUL, AND HAVE RECENT DEVELOPMENTS HELPED YOU TO REFLECT ON YOUR REAL VOCATION?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Late November 2020

So-called "new waves" of supposed disease are being used as a reason for more lockdowns, yet again, and again so many people are being forced into redundancy or are losing their markets. Reflection on what occupations are ultimately valuable will occur as a result. In the long run, there will also be a move away from that which may be superfluous, towards that which is more helpful for others. Personal interaction - previously a given, and recently "taken away" from us by imposed social distancing - will also increase in value.

I am changing the name of this thread from "IS YOUR JOB USEFUL AND FULFILLING IN AUGUST, IN VIEW OF FURTHER LOCKDOWN" to "IS YOUR JOB USEFUL, AND HAVE RECENT DEVELOPMENTS HELPED YOU TO REFLECT ON YOUR REAL VOCATION?"

Some occupations are very definitely needed - teacher, nurse, doctors, farmers, food producers etc. Others are are needed as inspiration - for example musicians. Where is your place in all this? Have you been doing something for years which results in some superfluous product, or which wastes resources? Or which is harmful to physical, mental or spiritual health?

It is a time where many questions have to be asked. These are only some of them. Hoping that you find your vocation, which means that it is both inspiring for you, and for others simultaneously.

With love, Colour Crusader

Updated August 2020.

Another worldwide lockdown seems to be on the horizon. This will again force everyone to "go within" and to examine the relevance of their particular jobs or activities and whether they benefit society as a whole.

An interesting question generally is WHAT CAN WE DO WITHOUT and WHAT RESOURCES ARE WE PROTECTING IF WE REALISE WE CAN DO WITHOUT SOMETHING. I don't mean this in the sense of "giving up" something and suffering at the same time. I mean it in the sense that increased awareness results in naturally stopping certain activities, or naturally rejecting certain products, for example. So if you work in a company which makes such "meaningless" products, this will be a wake-up call. The shift in priorities will result in a shift of your view or your job.

Wishing you all well during this next extreme phase. Colour Crusader.

Updated 2nd May.

Many people have now had another couple of months of "quarantine" or "lockdown" to think about this question of whether their job is useful. I suspect that many conclude that they have just been working for the money, as opposed to following their vocation. Perhaps some have also had time to rediscover what their task on this world actually is ... I quote from lower down:

"Mission" may seem like an imposing word, but with the world as it stands, nothing short of missions - pursued by every individual - is actually going to be strong enough to turn things around. Too much energy is wasted in directions which are futile and harmful, and which involve wastage or resources and talent.

Wishing everyone the best is figuring out what they should be changing. This is a thread to document that, if you wish, so that we can support each other on the way to creating a peaceful, beautiful and abundant world.
Colour Crusader

Updated 14th March 2020

I have changed the title of this thread to move with the times:

Below I mentioned that we are sometimes "faced by a brick wall which makes us turn around": due to measures to counteract the spread of viruses, many are presently faced by a brick wall, enforced by quarantine, by closed schools or places of entertainment, by added responsibilities, or by suddenly being faced with lots of "free time" which means that there is no avoiding taking a long hard look at our lives, pondering whether we are doing the right thing, or acting according to the right principles. The question is:

IS OUR JOB USEFUL NOW, OR IS IT SUPERFLUOUS?

Now is the time to develop our visions for a peaceful future, and to envisage what role we will play in that.

Dear Readers:

Just like every seed grows and develops into its full potential according to a divine blueprint (an acorn seed never turns into a blueberry bush), every human also has a divine blueprint, and a special task in life.

Some people know really really on what they want to BE, and dedicate their lives to that. Others DISCOVER their true direction through bouts of this and that, and sometimes by facing a brick wall which forces us to turn around and choose a new path.

If we are aware, signs or encounters with others will also be placed in our path by divine hand, to point us in a direction where we will find fulfillment AND BE ABLE TO SERVE OTHERS.

In the beginning, I was envious of those who knew right from the start that they wanted to be a carpenter or a doctor etc. I have been down several diverse paths, and it is only recently that I realized they were actually all contributors to my learning process, and also part of my "mission".

"Mission" may seem like an imposing word, but with the world as it stands, nothing short of missions - pursued by every individual - is actually going to be strong enough to turn things around. Too much energy is wasted in directions which are futile and harmful, and which involve wastage or resources and talent.

My question is: IS YOUR JOB USEFUL AND FULFILLING? Or is it pointless, destructive and just a way to earn money.

My second question is: WHAT IS YOUR VOCATION? Imagine that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE, and that there will be NO OBSTACLES WHATEVER IN YOUR WAY. What would you choose? And how would this benefit humanity?

DREAM ON!!!!

[link to www.youtube.com (secure)]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP