Users Online Now: 1,770 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 792,714
Pageviews Today: 1,461,176Threads Today: 700Posts Today: 12,151
04:19 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject WALKAWAY: Another Republican congressman has announced his retirement and will not run in 2020
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Rep. Tom Graves announced Thursday he will not seek reelection in 2020, joining the growing ranks of House Republicans heading for the exits in the current election cycle.

Citing “a new season in life,” Graves said he will join his family members “in their new and unique journeys” as his wife nears retirement and his three children enter adulthood.

The 49-year-old Georgian will have served in Congress for more than a decade once he finishes his current term and becomes the 21st House Republican so far to announce intentions to depart this Congress, in contrast to nine House Democrats.

In the House, Graves has established himself as a fiscal hawk in favor of cost-cutting measures aimed at driving down the debt and deficit.

“I have trouble seeing how he lines up with the great tradition of Lincoln and Reagan, and I'm concerned that many of his statements run afoul of the Constitution, my values and my beliefs,” Graves said in a letter to his supporters.

“Then there's a simpler test: would I be comfortable if my three children acted like Trump? Certainly not.”
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP