Users Online Now: 1,923 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,030,323
Pageviews Today: 1,719,785Threads Today: 699Posts Today: 11,606
05:38 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Keto Diet helps protect against influenza Yale University Study suggests. What about Coronavirus? CONFIRMED IT DOES!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message "A high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet like the Keto regimen has its fans, but influenza apparently isn’t one of them.

Mice fed a ketogenic diet were better able to combat the flu virus than mice fed food high in carbohydrates, according to a new Yale University study published Nov. 15 in the journal Science Immunology.

The ketogenic diet — which for people includes meat, fish, poultry, and non-starchy vegetables — activates a subset of T cells in the lungs not previously associated with the immune system’s response to influenza, enhancing mucus production from airway cells that can effectively trap the virus, the researchers report.

“This was a totally unexpected finding,” said co-senior author Akiko Iwasaki, the Waldemar Von Zedtwitz Professor of Immunobiology and Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, and an investigator of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute."

[link to news.yale.edu (secure)]

[link to immunology.sciencemag.org (secure)]

"Bacteria and viruses thrive on sugar. It's their only source of energy. So consuming sweet snacks when you're sick can often make you feel worse."

[link to abcnews.go.com (secure)]

I currently am on the Keto Diet for several reasons, and now given the study suggested here, I believe I may stick to until the coronavirus blows over.

So what say you? Any virology experts out there to mull over this one?

EDIT 2/19/2020

Yes! Dr. Berg actually talks about Ketones cleaning up bacteria and viruses in his corona virus video!

Glad I am already in ketosis! Maybe it’s time for you to switch over! (Also amazing weight loss and energy benefits!)

Apparently one research group is actually attempting to use specially modified sugar molecules designed to kill virus’s as well. Since virus’s need the sugar to survive, they are creating modified sugar molecules that actually kill the virus instead of supplying it with energy it needs! Very cool!

[link to www.irishnews.com (secure)]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP