Users Online Now: 991 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 223,911
Pageviews Today: 362,274Threads Today: 120Posts Today: 2,153
05:01 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject HOW TO PREPARE your home for a quarantine - Prepper Edition.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This is Bullshit

[link to www.shtfplan.com (secure)]

It has some decent ideas like getting a treatment center set up and ready in case someone becomes sick.

Which would be good if this didn't have a 24 day asymptomatic ramp up, and wasn't airborne, but it is. If someone in your house gets sick, you probably already are.

The only shot any of us have to not get it, is to get everyone to your bug out location, where you are going to STAY until it blows over. Think of Shawn of the Dead, but instead of the Pub, you'll be at home.

All this shit about going out to get supplies, dressing up like a WHO flunkie to get a can of spam, is complete idiocy. I'm not going out unless I'm driven out.

So back to the topic of this thread.

How to prepare your home for a quarantine - Armed Prepper Edition.

Note* This is what I did. You'll need to adapt to where you live.

Another note, my 3 immediate neighbors are like-minded. I realize this is a HUGE advantage. I also live about 3 miles from the nearest decent sized town, my house is at the end of a long driveway with a few other houses, again, a great advantage. I don't believe any of this is by accident. I've experienced some really strange things over the last 6 months, things that have come together to make this situation bearable, I hope.

What I have done to pandemicize my residence

invested in a gravity water filter and we also have a pool. If you do not, or cannot get a filter, you can make bleach to disinfect water from pool shock:
Make Bleach from shock - 15 cups water (or 1 gallon minus 1 cup). 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons 68% Pool Shock. Mix until dissolved. Wait 2-3 hours for the inert ingredients to settle out and use.

Have accumulated about 6 months worth of food

after that, we have chickens, and rabbits

Planted fruit trees, berry bushes, and stored a crapload of veggie seeds.

Firearms - Covered - I'll leave it at that - plenty of ammo for each caliber.

Installed solar motion sensor lights all around the house
[link to www.amazon.com (secure)]

Installed a driveway monitor

Scouted areas of the property that offer cover and concealment

Got some huge speakers and an amp that hooks to my phone's bluetooth. Music makes everything better, even a quarantine.

I have CB, Shortwave and HAM communication options.

Batteries of every type and a big solar panel and inverter just to charge them. I recommend Eneloop. They come charged, they recharge thousands of times.

Picked this up, in case we have any medical issues. My library has all kinds of stuff in it, but this was the latest purchase

got everything we normally use for 3 months around the house, laundry soap, hygiene items, meds. The idea here is DO NOT Go where there are people! If this shit is as contagious as they say, this will be the only way to keep from getting it.

You'll thank yourself later:

Oh, and don't forget coffee. You'll also thank yourself later

Good luck everyone. I'd love to hear about your preps. What are you doing to prepare?

Any tips for me? I'll gladly take any advice. I've been doing this for 20 years or so, but there is always someone who knows more.

Everyone, please post your own tips. This could be extremely important info.

luckyCNN-commie
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP