Users Online Now: 2,232 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 567,043
Pageviews Today: 910,056Threads Today: 365Posts Today: 5,855
09:42 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject COVID-19 DAILY HEADLINES - Falling behind? THE MAJOR KUNG FLU UPDATES ARE HERE EVERY DAY
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Several people have asked me to start my own thread with these daily headline snapshot style updates as they find them helpful and they also get lost in the Main Kung Flu Doom thread almost immediately. Now that I have a paid membership, I’ll be able to moderate this thread and delete out useless crap, spam, and shills.

I have been putting together a quick rundown of daily events for a friend of mine who doesn’t have time to keep up with the rapid development of events surrounding the SARS-CoV-2, aka COVID-19 pandemic. I started simply cross posting my email to them into the main thread now and again, but enough people seemed to find them helpful enough it has motivated me to continue sharing them.

In case you haven’t seen any of these posts in the main thread, I always include a disclaimer that I find Twitter, and all social media for that matter, too unreliable to use as the sole source of any piece of information, and I always include links to wherever I pulled the headline from in case you want to read the entire article yourself. I also sometimes include a small comment on a headline as well that was my takeaway – yours may or may not be very different.

Here is the rundown from yesterday in case you missed it. Since I'm recopying my post from the other thread I'm not including the related links. Go to pg 3454 of the main thread if you need/want them:

------------------------------------------

So, as I’m sure you can tell, the theme of the day is the “sudden” increase in the spread of the disease all over the world as well as additional noise about financial markets and economic doom. Numbers are up everywhere, from cases in infected countries to new countries being added to the list. South Korea and Japan seem to be at the front of the pack outside of China, and that WHO hasn’t labeled this a pandemic yet serves to show just how much of a joke both they and CDC are. At any rate, trying to keep up with exact numbers in every country requires it’s own list and changes by the hour. Just suffice it to say it’s spreading like wildfire all over the world. Outside of officially worthless numbers, here are some of today’s headlines:

• China changes the definition of a confirmed case for the third time in barely a week – make up your own mind as to “why”
• COVID-19 has infected Chinese prisons and is spreading rapidly to both inmates and guards – further risk of societal collapse is the takeaway here
• World markets taking a hit, including the “immune” US DJIA
• Riots in Ukraine over arrival of evacuees from China, even though many are Ukrainian citizens – obviously not here, but we’re beginning to see violence in the streets directly related to the pandemic
• Xi Jinping explicitly warns that the outbreak in China itself has still not peaked
• Virus has begun infecting law enforcement in Hong Kong – further risk of societal collapse here
• Moscow deploys facial recognition to enforce ban on Chinese being out and about as well as enforce quarantine of those told to stay home – they still give no shits if anyone cries about “raaaayyyycisss”
• China rounding up and slaughtering pets to try to stop spread of the virus – some people think this has been debunked as false, but we’re seeing the opposite in terms of increased mainstream reporting. You decide.
• Chinese coronavirus patient recovers, is released from hospital, only to be re-infected just 10 days later. Word is that round two is always way worse than the first.
• 7000+ Americans now ‘self-quarantined’ at home across the US. Exactly who is keeping tabs on all these people? You can probably answer that on your own.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP