Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Prepping for the chaos to come
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I know most glp'ers are preppers to some extent.

I would hope most of you have a good 20-30 pounds of rice, 20-30 pounds of beans and 20-30 pounds of pasta stored away.

Make sure you have lots of water stored as well....while the taps are working, I suggest storing water in every container you can find...just to be sure.

I went a step further and have been fishing lately.

I have a chest freezer and have been stocking it with whatever I catch...big, small, doesn't matter. your basic rice and beans diet with some fish is almost the perfect nutritional meal.

I put a limit of trout in last week, today I put a limit of crappie and a bunch of bluegill and red eared sunfish in (no limits on bluegill and redears).

I like to fish and I usually catch and release. Not now and not for the foreseeable future. I am stocking that freezer to the rim with panfish if I can. They are the native equivalent of talapia. Taste yummy, very nutritious and a very sustainable/renewable source for fish.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP