Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject One of my clients just got the coronavirus
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This is not uncle intel, it's straight from me. If you don't believe, well that's your problem, I'm passing it along anyway for those who might want to know.

One of my clients is in the finance industry in New York. He was working on a financing deal for us via family offices in Europe (don't ask for the company name please).

Three weeks ago, he went to Europe, mostly London (he's a Brit) but also spent time in Frankfurt and Berlin. He was supposed to stay until March 9 but got early word that the Berlin conference that he was going to attend was probably going to be cancelled (due to the virus), so he came home early (it did end up getting cancelled).

Earlier this week (I don't know the exact day), he went back to London then New York via JFK.

I did a phone call with him last week and he had the sniffles but it didn't seem like anything. Lots of people have the sniffles, it's that time of year.

Apparently, according to one of his co-workers, when he arrived in NYC this week he felt really bad. He got home, went to sleep, then the next day felt worse when he woke up. What caused him to go to the hospital is that he was so weak that he fell (again, this part is second hand). He got up and went straight to the hospital (before you ask, I don't know which, but would be in North Jersey).

I don't know his exact age, btw, I'd guess 50.

Anyway I found out everything this afternoon on our regularly scheduled weekly call with the client. He was diagnosed definitively this morning. They're not putting anyone at my client in quarantine - I'd guess because he wasn't with them in the past two weeks? I'm waiting and very curious to see if this shows up somewhere in the news.

So, my lesson learned from this is that the guy was all over Europe, got on a plane, came back, flew directly into JFK, and no one said a word. I don't know how he looked, but I imagine that on any kind of close examination one would see that he is sick.

If that's the case, if they're going to let people fly all over and not even ask any questions, this thing is going to be everywhere within a few weeks (or it already is)

Sorry if I'm light on details in some places, it's intentional, I don't want problems with my client or my company. Please don't ask more questions about names, companies, etc, I'm not going to reveal it. Anything else, have at it.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP