Users Online Now: 2,079 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 627,253
Pageviews Today: 1,089,916Threads Today: 452Posts Today: 7,637
01:13 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject SO YOU THINK ANYONE WHO HASN’T PREPPED IS JUST STUPID?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I have seen way so many comments and threads on GLP about how stupid people are for not prepping and that it’s their own fault if they don’t have enough to get through a crisis. They should have planned better, or they didn’t know how to handle money, and on and on…

I spent almost 8 years working for one of the largest storable food and emergency preparedness companies you have no doubt heard about, and I can tell you first hand that:

Most families are just getting by and MIGHT have a months worth of savings if they are lucky.

People WANT to prep but are extremely limited and have to choose what they can afford at that moment.

Every day you are served by people who can’t prep and every day you expect them to proved food, and other services to YOU so you can. Let’s list a few:

Restaurant staff like waiters and waitresses, cooks and hosts. Dishwashers too. Sandwich shop employees like Subway and all fast food workers.
Hotel staff like from the front desk to the maids who clean your room to the laundry department who handles your nasty lines when you are done with them.
Cashiers who have to listen to you complain or handle and touch the same shit a bunch of other people touched and place it in a bag for you.

Landscaping and lawncare crews who mow your yard and trim, and weedeat for you.

Car wash people who work their ass off to clean YOUR dirty ass car.

Construction workers who sweat balls working to build and repair houses and businesses everywhere. This includes roofers who sweat nails in the summer.

Trash collectors - Oh here is my pet peeve…these guys are up and down, on the truck and off the truck in between hoisting your nasty ass trash cans into the trash muncher machine, in sweltering heat, storms, sleet rain and ice cold winter. They don’t get paid near enough.

Pool techs who keep your pool sparking so you can soak your ass in the crystal clear water and relax.

Customer service people from banks, hotels, car dealerships cell phone service, utility companies, retail store of every kind, do you think they can afford to save three to 6 months worth of savings for hard times?

That’s enough for now. Use your brain and THINK for one minute not EVERYONE is in a position to be ready for these tough times, so be easy on them. Share if you can and don’t belittle others because they are material poor. They have lives and families too.

Both my parents worked in the hospitality industry for most of their lives and died with nothing in the bank and nothing to account for it materially. That’s the way the high majority of us are going to die too. But we still serve each other the best we can.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP