Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject How Are You Sleeping?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Since this national emergency began I’ve been sleeping like a baby. Strangest thing. It’s especially odd because I usually wake up a couple times a night to go to the bathroom, and as a menopausal woman, wake up with hot flashes and have to change my pajamas.

The last couple weeks I’ve been sleeping 8 hours or more without waking once, and it’s good sleep - I’m out. I haven’t had any crazy dreams, and although I know I’m dreaming, I can’t remember them when I wake up.

Not much has changed in my life as far as quarantining, I’m pretty much a hermit, so it’s not that. We live out in the country, so nothing has changed out here, our grocery store has stayed stocked with what we needed – meat, fresh veggies, tea, coffee, and diary products (I raise chickens, so I have plenty of eggs). There is a paper product shortage, but I have enough on hand (and if we run out I have a huge supplies of quilt squares left over from projects that we could use, lol). I’ve started my vegetable garden, but I do that every year, and planted some flowers.

I’ve always had difficulty with sleep, I’m usually hyper alert so it takes hours to fall asleep, and then I may sleep solid for a couple/few hours and wake up. I’m also not a napper because I have bad dreams and wake up irritable, hungry, and groggy – even as a child my mother tells me she couldn’t make me take a nap.

I don’t use sleep aids except melatonin and chamomile tea, and I’m not on any prescriptions, although when I was younger I did take over the counter and prescription meds regularly for sleep, pain, depression, menopause (hormones due to hysterectomy at 30), and so on and etc. I’d take whatever the TV said to take or whatever my doctor prescribed or friend suggested. Over the years, though, I’ve weaned off all of those things for the sake of health and the anticipation of doom.

The first few mornings it happened I woke up amazed – I couldn’t believe I had slept 8 full hours. I’m falling asleep quickly, which has never happened, and sleeping till sunrise – so odd. I’m waking rested and have energy during the day, so it’s not a sick sleep, and because I’m sleeping so well my daily pains are less, much less than usual.

I was wondering how everyone else is doing in the sleep department. So how are sleeping?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP