Users Online Now: 2,267 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 491,617
Pageviews Today: 804,663Threads Today: 269Posts Today: 4,430
09:40 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject HOW TO EMBED YOUTUBE VIDEOS on GLP using Mobile Phones - the most overdue tutorial ever
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Shockingly, there's no threads on this. I asked around but nobody could tell me how you embed YouTube videos into GLP threads when you're using a mobile phone. After some tinkering, I figured it out. Here's the secret...

YouTube uses a different URL for videos formatted for cellular phones. They typically begin with something like "m.youtube/xZh4tyGcc3" (or whatever). When you click the YOUTUBE embed button & place the embed thingys on either end of a URL from the YouTube mobile videos, it doesn't work. That only works for ordinary YouTube URLs like you'd encounter using a home computer.

Next time you're fetching a YouTube URL you want to embed from a mobile phone, click the "Share" icon beneath the video. It'll open up a dialog window with a separate URL that works for embedding on GLP. It'll begin with something like "youtu.be/hW9cUjQN4ap" (or whatever).

Be sure to preview the embedded video before posting it. If you see a grey blank video with no thumbnail like you saw on YouTube's site, you've mistyped the URL. These typos are easy to do especially if the gobbledygook part of the URL uses the letter "O" or the number zero, or uppercase letter "i" or lowercase letter "L". These 2 sets of letter/number pairs are visually indistinguishable.

Hope that helps.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP