Users Online Now: 2,005 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,245,324
Pageviews Today: 1,700,497Threads Today: 433Posts Today: 7,168
01:35 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject BREAKING: Gavin Newsom tells Californians to “Obey Him or else:....
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message NEWSOM's Words of Wisdom for FRIDAY --

THIS SURPRISE BUDGET ANNOUNCEMENT NEAR END --
I will do CA budget re-work in May. CA is now “tens of millions” in deficit (in the red).
Today is May Day
It is also International Workers Day today! I recognize essential workers. I also recognize displaced workers. I recognize economic disruption. I also recognize mothers.
20,000 childcare vouchers are available for essential workers. To apply, go to – covid19.ca.gov – type in your zip code for available slots. (I checked, but nothing listed for zips 91737, 91701, 91730)
CA is giving stipends to front line workers who need hotel rooms to stay away from their families while working. No info where to apply.
CA HealthCorp website had thousands sign-up to volunteer – we were only able to use about 200 so far. Remainder who signed up are not needed right now, but we have your name.
We did just get 5.2 million masks “from a plane that arrived” (did not say plane came from Newsom’s contract with a China company to make masks).
Monday I will talk about steps CA will take in tracing, tracking, and quarantining residents.
If you all obey, we “may” be making some announcements to modify rules, but if not . . .
We plan to train people in new jobs to fit our new economy since the old jobs are no longer there.
Unemployment insurance – 3.9 million filed -- $7.5 billion distributed – 340,000 just signed up for Pandemic Unemployment Insurance (that is different from regular unemployment insurance). Call center is overwhelmed – we are processing as fast as humanly possible. “We are not falling back as quickly as we were.”
We want to take care of our truckers – we now have 14 truck stop sites that now have CA Food Trucks to serve the truckers.
Everyone has value – everyone has worth – we need to celebrate everyone’s vocation.
We are working “very, very hard” to figure out re-opening’s “serious” modifications – teams of people looking at each type of industry to come up with requirements for that industry.
Your anxiety is “not lost on me.” I recognize your pain.
Lost 2,000 people since Covid started in California. We have 50,000 who tested positive – and our testing has gone up -- 25,000+ tests per day are being given in CA. People under investigation for possible Covid has gone down
QUESTION
Lawsuit filed by Orange County about beach closure – What do you say?
San Francisco union did not like who you contracted with to sterilize masks.
NEWSOM:
Lawsuit: Does not surprise me . . . we’ll see what happens.
(Sorry, I could not make logic of what he said about San Francisco union’s complaint)
QUESTION
What is your clarification about San Francisco and groups 12 children allowed to play together? People are calling you tyrant, fascist, driven by ego . . . Can you answer that?
NEWSOM
Our team has been working “hand in glove,” and we are aware of San Francisco.
We are giving updates daily of data (so I am not a tyrant implied) . . . so I am optimistic . . . but we can screw that all that up by not following CA rules . . . I appreciate others’ points of view . . . we are open to argument . . .
QUESTION
Rural parts of CA is unhappy with number of tests – they have no hope you will get sites and testing supplies to them.
NEWSOM
We have 80 sites in CA focused on rural – one in Humboldt, one in Shasta, one in Sutter. We will meet needs in future. We will take that step to increase testing to expand to inner cities . . . we will . . we will . .
QUESTION
Today is first of month; folks are asking you to cancel rent and mortgage payments. Are you going to do that?
NEWSOM
State arranged mortgage forbearance with no penalty on your credit; State arranged stop on evictions; State gave cities permission to go further is they want based on my third executive order. State will continue its vigilance to monitor . . . and will update maybe . . . if we legally can . . . I am sensitive of your deep anxiety and stress.
QUESTION
Hundreds, if not thousands, are now on Capital lawn protesting today. Police are not stopping. What are you going to do?
NEWSOM
If I got involved in every protest up and down the state, I can’t focus on what I am responsible for. I defer to local Sacrament police to enforce. Protect yourself and exercise free speech.
QUESTION
Cities across state in bad financial state. Will you give money to cities?
NEWSOM
We aggressively formally requested one trillion dollars to help California and cities in California – made request to Nancy Pelosi. You saw Nancy Pelosi support us. We have been aggressive in that space in getting our request in to the federal government.
I will do CA budget re-work in May. CA is now “tens of millions” in deficit (in the red).
QUESTION
Enforcement for Orange County. Police departments are allowing people on the beach today and this weekend. What is the state going to do?
I have confidence in local enforcement – I have wonderful partnership with local enforcement – we’ll see what happens. I don’t think we will see crowds at the beaches. We will work on strategies for large groups of people next week.
CLOSING
If we behave, we will open quicker. I don’t want to be here three, four months from now, saying the same thing because people did not follow rules.
I thank all for taking care of California – I realize that anxiety is percolating up.
Abide by the rules.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP