Users Online Now: 2,297 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 439,433
Pageviews Today: 707,288Threads Today: 239Posts Today: 3,692
08:41 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I don't usually do this but here's what I gathered about the Hong Kong situation in a nutshell - (am I wrong?)
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message In 1997 Hong Kong was in essence abandoned by the UK government and China annexed it.

The protests began when HK added amendments to its law that allows for the extradition of the accused in HK to China. For comparison the US constitution says that extradition can only occur to bring the accused back to the town in which the alleged crime was committed. In other words, people committing crimes in HK extradited to China will face harsher punishment.

HK seems to be given under agreement a right to govern itself until 2047, even though it is not a sovereign nation. Because it was under UK control for some 150 years it has its own government and passport and laws and all that jazz even though it is owned and represented by China.

Ok, so because of a dirty amendment the people rose up in protest. They went wrong when they went active-aggressive against the police instead of keeping it non violent. The HKers seem to have decided to make it the time to force the HK government (owned by and in agreement with China on limited automation - not sovereignty) to declare itself a sovereign state (even though it has no army).

Apparently to me, trying to weigh the facts to find truth, the HKers are apparently wrong in their violent protesting. I would liken the protesters to the antifa of the US. It went from peaceful protest to violent uprising and sedition. China decided to send in it's army (liken to US national guard) to reestablish order in the area. The HKers are finding the changes hard and reasonably so, no one wants to go from having freedoms to being a slave.

My final thoughts are that the US citizens are being manipulated to think the HKers are the innocent and good ones to instigate hatred and bloodlust towards China.

A solution to fix the amendment would be that if the accused were found guilty in HK, then they could be extradited to China for sentencing. I believe that would solve the issue that they all could agree on.

Lessons for history, don't do crimes, the meek shall inherit the earth.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP