Users Online Now: 1,667 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 716,864
Pageviews Today: 1,307,847Threads Today: 620Posts Today: 10,645
02:36 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I need help. I'm dealing with mental illness in my household and don't know what to do.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message My gf has lost her mind during this pandemic.

She just put a BLM sign in the back of her car.

In her side window she also put a sign that reads "White silence is white violence".

We live in a nice neighborhood. Its like painting a bullseye on the front of my house.

I made her take them down.

She went to a BLM protest locally. Where some wacko convinced her to believe the phrase "all lives matter" is racist and is a hate term directed at the BLM movement.

I asked her how she thinks this makes her teenage son feel...asking her if she intends to make him feel guilty for having white skin. The question was over her head. She can't understand this concept.

She's vulnerable to propaganda. She's scared to death of the coronavirus. Has barely left the house for 10 weeks. Hasn't worked a minute. I've been working 60 hours a week to get us by.

During the time i believe a preexisting mental health condition has come out. She'll talk nonstop for hours, changing the subject of the conversation so rapidly that what she says doesn't make sense. Contradicts herself from one sentence to the other. Manic depressive, with no regard to reasoning or logic. If I disagree with her on any subject, she takes it as an attack on her character. If she cries, she'll cry for 5 hours straight. If she gets excited about something, she'll become compulsive and stay up for 2-3 days straight (no drugs).

I've asked her to talk to a therapist or see a doctor. She'll agree and then act like we never had the conversation. If I try to push it, she'll go into the crying stage and corner me until she breaks me down.

The only way I get any peace is to completely leave her alone and let her chase whatever crazy ideas she has and not hold her accountable.

Has anyone else dealt with a similar situation? I'm at a loss on where to go from here.

PS- I want to help her. I've been with her over 5 years, and she has never been like this. Giving her the boot and leaving her out to dry is not an option.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP