Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Bible Studies - Satan tempts Jesus - Real Meaning
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Welcome Truth seekers and lovers of Truth. Today's bible lesson concentrates on 'Satan' tempting Jesus and the real meaning behind them.

Matthew 4:1-11
Satan Tempts Jesus

4 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. 2 And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry. 3 Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, “If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.”

4 But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’ ”

5 Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, 6 and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written:

‘He shall give His angels charge over you,’
and,

‘In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.’ ”
7 Jesus said to him, “It is written again, ‘You shall not [a]tempt the Lord your God.’ ”

Meaning: It's very simple. Basically what this text is teaching you is that anyone who questions that the character of Jesus is the actual son of God or God in the flesh is Satan aka evil. This is the only meaning. As a man of peasant stock with no authority and no power and is claiming to be divine it is only natural he should prove this claim. But he (the author) doesn't want to prove it because he cannot Because it is false. Hence the one asking him for proof is depicted as Satan.

Matthew 4:9-10
9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[a]”

Meaning: This one should be obvious. The character Jesus has no real power or authority. Hence again it is Satan who is depicted as having real power and authority and as being the one who pulls the strings. Thus, the author of this text serves to explain away Jesus' lack of temporal power by telling us people with actual power are controlled by and serve Satan. Thus have the poor always been kept poor by associating power and riches with evil.

Hope this helps. I do look forward to our next bible lesson.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP