Users Online Now: 3,096 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,153,831
Pageviews Today: 2,210,159Threads Today: 1,039Posts Today: 19,422
11:04 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Couple point guns at woman accused of shoplifting, Spokane, WA State.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message To view the video of the incident click the link and scroll down the page.

Listen to what the man holding the gun says!
damned

Couple point guns at woman accused of shoplifting
UPDATED: Mon.
, June 29, 2020 [link to www.spokesman.com (secure)]

Two people pointed handguns at a suspected shoplifter in the parking lot of a South Hill shopping center on Friday in actions that drew cautionary advice from police for people attempting to stop lawbreakers.

A video posted on Facebook shows a woman being held at gunpoint in her car by people who believed she stole from a store in the Manito Shopping Center on the South Hill, while they waited for police to arrive.

The video had been shared hundreds of times by Monday morning and been shared to other platforms like Reddit.

Annamarie L. Kirkpatrick, 36, was cited for shoplifting, a gross misdemeanor. Her boyfriend, who she mentions in the video, fled the scene and was not cited, said Officer John O’Brien with the Spokane Police Department.

A man and a woman drew their weapons because they suspected Kirkpatrick had stolen shoes from the nearby Rite Aid in the complex, according to Spokane resident Peter Trotta’s Friday post. Kirkpatrick was charged with shoplifting from the Ross in the shopping center, according to police.

In the video, an unidentified man can be seen holding a silver handgun and telling Kirkpatrick to “sit down” when she tried to stand up.

“Get your (expletive) in there and sit down,” the man said. “I am not a cop, I will (expletive) shoot you. I’m a Democrat. I can shoot you because Democrats get away with everything.”

The woman can be seen in the video holding what appears to be a blue handgun.

Preuninger said witnesses told police that Kirkpatrick and a male suspect ran out of a store in the Manito Shopping Center with bags of clothing. The man and woman saw them leave the store and believed the couple to be shoplifting. They pulled guns on Kirkpatrick and held her at gunpoint until police arrived.

Neither the man nor the woman with a gun were charged or cited with a crime, according to police.

Under Washington law, it is considered assault to threaten someone with physical harm if the person making threats seems to have the means and intent to cause threatened harm. In cases that don’t amount to assault under Washington law, any person who aims a firearm at a person, whether loaded or not, is guilty of a gross misdemeanor.

Also under Washington law, a private person can conduct a citizen’s arrest for a misdemeanor, if they saw the act themselves and the act constituted a breach of the peace.

After watching the video, local criminal defense lawyer Jeffry Finer said he was shocked the people with guns were not charged.

“Based on what I saw, it looked like these two people were assaulting a suspect who had not breached the peace and I don’t think what I saw constituted a proper citizen’s arrest,” Finer said. [@ 50% See vid and read further details here>>>>] [link to www.spokesman.com (secure)]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP