Users Online Now: 2,142 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,137,475
Pageviews Today: 1,587,104Threads Today: 436Posts Today: 7,831
01:00 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Did anyone receive a notice to change their mail box number within the past year? I think I know the real reason why.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I brought this subject up in another thread discussing census takers. I told my experience with them this year, and since it had to do with the government it reminded me of this occurrence. I thought I should go ahead and start a new thread about it.

Several months back I received a letter in my mail box saying that I was being assigned a new box number, and that I needed to update everyone on my mailing list within a year, or I would no longer receive my mail. Everyone on our gravel county road in the country got this same notice. Well, I assumed that this letter was issued from the postal service at the time. The word was that it was being done so that 911 emergency workers could find us if needed. GPS does not work well out here. So I did it, and left it at that.

Recently my daughter finished college and moved to the other side of our farm. She needed to find out what her box number would be, so she went to the local post office to ask. They told her that they no longer handled that, and to call the South Central Missouri Community Action Center. She did and they told her they would relay the message to this lady who would call her back later, and give her the new box number. They wouldn't allow my daughter to call this lady directly, because she worked from home and didn't want people having her private number. This lady was set up at home to do all this by gps, google map, or something I'm not sure how exactly, but she would locate your place and assign a box number.

The really interesting part is that the Community Action Center said that FEMA was the one who funded this and wanted it done! The post office had nothing to do with it, and my daughter had to let the post office know what her number was once she found out. Also, I was talking to a phone guy who came out, and he said the new numbers were based on mileage from the start of the road to your place. What spooked me the most is that this change was made because FEMA wanted it done. The only big disaster that could happen around here that I can think of, since I live in Southeast Missouri, is the New Madrid going off. I wonder if that could be why FEMA is so worried about finding us here out in the country. Well, let me tell you from what I've heard I DON'T want their kind of help!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP