Users Online Now: 956 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 326,119
Pageviews Today: 493,853Threads Today: 192Posts Today: 2,461
05:45 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Asian Communist Radio journalist Josie Huang arrested by L.A. County sheriff’s deputies at protest outside Lynwood hospital
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department deputies arrested a public radio reporter covering a protest that broke out late Saturday night outside a Lynwood hospital where two deputies were being treated for gunshot wounds.

Video showed several deputies pulling KPCC and LAist reporter Josie Huang up from the ground and handcuffing her outside St. Francis Medical Center. Earlier video showed deputies pushing her away from a patrol car where others were detaining a man.

What appeared to be a press badge could be seen around Huang’s neck while she was being detained and put into a patrol car, the video shows.

On Sunday, Huang released videos that her phone captured in the moments leading up to and during her arrest. One shows her approaching to film deputies detaining a man on the ground before they started yelling, “back up, back up.”

“Within seconds, I was getting shoved around. There was nowhere to back up,” Huang wrote.

The phone continued filming the interaction from the ground, capturing her screaming and yelling, “I’m a reporter…I’m with KPCC.”
[link to ktla.com (secure)]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP