Users Online Now: 2,056 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 952,840
Pageviews Today: 1,578,862Threads Today: 631Posts Today: 10,410
04:17 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject To the Asshole who stole my license plate and started running up charges on toll roads...!!!!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Sending bad karma to the dickwad who stole my front license plate (only), and then proceeded to use it to go down toll roads where they read your license plate and send you a bill.

Because of the way we park and how we enter the vehicle, we didn't even notice the front plate was gone until a bill came in the mail. Rear plate with tags is still in place.

So I had to find the right number in this area to call the police non-emergency number, it was not easy. Then when you call you don't get a person anymore, just a series of prompts that sound nothing like what you want. Finally figured it out, waited 12 minutes on hold to speak to a police officer just to make a report. This makes me wonder just how much other crime must be going on that I call the police non-emergency line but the hold time is 12+ minutes.

Report the stole plate, get a report #, now I call the DMV. That's an HOUR on hold. To be told the following -

1) Request new plates from the State because local offices are busy due to covid. Estimated time to receive new plates, 3 weeks.

2) Schedule an appointment. Estimated backlog on appointments, 4 weeks, due to covid.

3) Come in at 6:30am to a specific DMV, get a ticket number, and be told when to report back to the DMV to further wait and maybe (MAYBE) be waited upon.

Then I have to call the Toll Express people. Wait time, less than 8 minutes, not too bad. This lady tells me there's basically nothing that can be done other than a note in their system, until I file a copy of the police report with them. She did give me some interesting info though. She confirmed a black sedan had stolen the plates to our midsize SUV. That the plates were spotted on the back (but were stolen from the front of our vehicle), and that the plates had tags (which were not stolen from us and not on the front license plate, so they must've stole those too).

Total cost so far, $4.30. But until I get them the police report, it's just going to keep accumulating. However at least if they are involved in some kind of crime they won't be knocking on our door.

So now I have to file for the police report, just to send to the DMV and Toll Express folks. I mean, this is bureaucracy at it's finest, and by that I mean at it's lamest. Just around and around I go, waiting on hold, trying to talk to a person, trying to get a simple matter of my stolen license plate resolved.

And I have to pay for the replacement plates. So we're talking multiple hours of STRESS, and Time, and so far maybe up to $20, just to get replacement plates.

But the thing that pisses me off most, and this may seem stupid but hey I'm willing to admit it. For the first time ever, my random plates, well, I actually kind of liked them. No customization, but I really like the letters and numbers. I'm sure the replacements will suck and won't be near as meaningful or easy to remember.

So.... FUCK YOU YOU ASSHOLE WHO STOLE MY LICENSE PLATE AND STOLE TAGS FROM SOMEONE ELSE TO GET BY FOR FREE ON THE TOLL ROADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahhhhhh, I feel better now. Thanks for letting me vent GLP.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP