Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject the mandelbrot set and consciousness constants
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message there is something called the logistic equation used to represent, for example, the behavior of a population over time, and is an aspect of chaos dynamics, I suppose. That probably doesn't sound very interesting, but it is actually relevant to the whole universe right now.

if you are anything like me probably you won't want to spare the energy to watch, so I'll snip this real quick:

It is when the driving parameter, r, is slowly turned up that interesting things happen. When r = 3.0, xn no longer converges — it oscillates between two values. This characteristic change in behavior is called a bifurcation. Turn up the driving parameter even further and xn oscillates between not two, but four values. As one continues to increase the driving parameter, xn goes through bifurcations of period eight, then sixteen, then chaos! When the value of the driving parameter r equals 3.57, xn neither converges or oscillates — its value becomes completely random. For values of r larger than 3.57, the behavior is largely chaotic. However, there is a particular value of r where the sequence again oscillates with period of three. The bifurcations then begin again with period 6, 12, 24, then back to chaos. In fact it was discovered in James Yorke's famous paper "Period Three Implies Chaos." that any sequence with a period of three will display regular cycles of every other period as well as exhibiting chaotic cycles.
 Quoting: [link to www.stsci.edu (secure)]

I already know that lol ac is going to yell at me for not properly understanding chaos dynamics, but I found this piece of information rather interesting. Depending on the value of R in this equation, we get cycles of periodicity or cycles of chaos.
Do you think maybe crowley knew about this when he called 333 choronzon, the value of chaos?

relatives of 8 are pretty common symbolically when representing cycles in general. Beat cycles occur in a similar progression, doubling from 4, to 8, to 16, to 32....and the octave is a complete frequency cycle between notes.
Put the 8 on its side, and we get infinity. the dharmic wheel has 8 spokes. I'm sure most esoteric types already know that cycles of eight do have certain symbolic tendencies.

But interestingly, it doesn't simply stay chaotic at that point. Chaos occurs in cycles of 3. "bifurcations then begin again with period 6, 12, 24, then back to chaos." I know it seems stupid to say this, but there are three sixes required to go from 6 to 24. So we have chaos that occurs in periods of three, and bifurcations back to chaos as the sequence progresses in three stages from 6 to 24.

well, I'm really just mulling it over on a whim, but it's not just populations that show this tendency.
"The bifurcation of this equation's diagram is the mandelbrot set".
which is pretty interesting. because the mandelbrot set is a theoretical scheme in an equation which determines whether or not the given value "escapes to infinity".
If it does, that number is not charted in the mandelbrot set.

It feels like there are a lot of parallels between the material reality and this fact. The shadow of the mandelbrot set is fractal, psychedelic, spiral, the outline of an orbit that ended up in a finite mathmatical plane. it shares a diagram with the same equation that models the progression of systems between periods of order and periods of disorder.

so here is a mandelbrot set. I'm just sort of going over this part that was explained in the video.
[imgur] [link to i.imgur.com (secure)]
When you iterate the sequence of the mandelbrot set, values that are found to be non-infinite and static land in that big, main bulb.
numbers that, in the logistical equation, begin to oscillate between two different values to determine their position, occur in the little bulb.
Then, if you travel along the needle to the left, you approach the last two tiny bulbs in that sequence, which us the last periodicity before the chaos bifurcation, apparently.

the little tumoriod growths that protrude out of the mandelbrot set's main "carteroid" exhibit similar behavior to the main needle's real number line. Each protrusion of the mandelbrot set exhibits its own periods of indeterminism, leaving ghostly impressions on the Z-axis when charted,

as the periods of the cycle approach chaos, the ratio of when the bifurcations occur is fixed no matter how you iterate this equation. It turns out to be a universal constant of nature which nobody really knows the purpose of, called the Feigenbaum constant. Here is a perfectly good universal constant that occurs in non-linear dynamics. But exactly what the fuck is it, and why?

I feel like I should also mention that the fibbonaci sequence us occultists love to drone on about is contained within the mandelbrot set. which brings me to what (might be?) my last point.
[link to citeseerx.ist.psu.edu (secure)]
According to some recent articles, "period-doubling bifurcations to chaos occur in the spontaneous neural firing patterns" of a particular neuron.

To spell that out, it really isn't a massive leap, and is almost logically indisputable, that the mandelbrot set is actually part of our mental landscape, and that even on infinitesimal levels, non-linear dynamics are implicit not just out there in the world, but in our very sentience.

Remember how the nodule bulbs on the mandelbrot set exhibit chaotic behaviors even though they did not escape to infinity? If you check out the video of the mandelbrot's Z axis you will see the ghostly impressions of these fluctuations, which instantly brought to mind the quantum eigenstate of potential electron values between light as a particle or a wave.

What if that constant, 4.669, is related to the consciousness mystery in some essential way? To remind everyone, "copenhagen's interpretation of bell's theorem" is that the location of an electron is determined by a measurer. We are actually the measurer in this specific equation, using a brain that is probably, in some respects, in some functions, non-deterministic.

And I might argue, that those nodules of the mandelbrot set which are indeterminate, constitute the aspect of existence which is bound between the material "boundry" of the brain and the "escape" to infinity, visited in dreams. It seems like we really do exist in more than one place at more than one time.

Are we light or is light us?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP